Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cupcakes to Rock Haulers

It was a really fun Saturday. Jen, Gail (Jen's mother-in-law) and I started the day with a quick trip to Tuesday Morning. We found some really fun things and then moved on to the cute shops in Park Cities off of Northwest Highway. We did a lot of window shopping and had a delicious lunch by the roaring fire place at The Corner Bakery and enjoyed a great time of visiting. Of course, we had to then go across to "Sprinkles" for cupcakes! They were delicious, as always. It was Gail's first trip to Sprinkles, so we all really enjoyed it and savored every yummy bite!! We even memorialized it with photos, which I am sure Jen will post soon on her blog! :) We went into several other fun shops and then headed home. It was great fun, and I think we all agreed it will be definitely fun to do this more often!!

When I got home, I had an email with photos from my brother's trip to Dominica. He got to drive this huge "truck" up a narrow, winding mountain road, driving on the "wrong" side of the road. YIKES! I don't think I would have wanted to tackle that. The other photo is of some of the rocks that he will be shipping off the mountain. (How does he get into these things??!!) Pretty cool!


No comments: