Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lovely Day!

Today was such a nice day. Jen came over and we made blueberry muffins and spent the morning just visiting, sitting on bar stools in the new kitchen, (and admiring the new vent hood that was finally delivered and installed this week.)



It was so nice having a quiet, non-busy time just to spend together. Then, we started nibbling on a pot roast that I had made the night before. (It was delicious, if I say so myself!!) We started watching a movie, "While You were Sleeping" as Jen went through some old photos. She found some absolutely precious ones and it brought back so many memories for both of us. It was hard to believe how much everyone has grown up in these past brief years!!

We then started tackling a classic "Kim Russell 30-minute" project of pulling stuff together for a garage sale that Jeri and I are hosting next weekend to help raise money for the Leukemia marathon that Jeri, Christen and Stephani are running in two weeks. You just cannot believe how much "stuff" there is. It felt so good to help Jen "edit" and redecorate my rooms and really de-clutter them.





Thanks, Jen, for spending your Saturday with me. I loved every minute and it was such a wonderful indulgence to have you with me all day!!

No comments: