Thursday, December 23, 2010

We're Engaged!

I feel totally blessed to have found such an awesome guy to spend the rest of my life with!! He is kind, considerate, affectionate, fun, makes me laugh and loves me for exactly who I am... (even the "Mount Kim" mail pile that needs to be filed and a little backseat driving doesn't seem to bother him). It's just awesome!!



The proposal was perfect! He invited me to lunch and he re-created the occasion of our first meeting. It was at McAlister's in McKinney near my new house. He brought me a rose like he did on that very first lunch date and we enjoyed a very similar meal, with chicken tortilla soup and a delicious sandwich (which we shared this time!) Right before we ate, he gave me a precious crystal memento that expressed his love and then after we finished eating, he held my hands so sweetly and spoke from his heart telling me how much he loves me. It was beautiful and a perfect capstone for taking the next step in our relationship.

He then presented me with a cute stocking that had an amazingly beautiful pearl and diamond engagement ring. No one else will have one like it... It was breathtaking! I'm still on cloud 9...

Let our wonderful life begin! The date is set... 2/22/2011!!

2 comments:

Stephani said...

So excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Adam Saxton said...

Hi Kim! My name is Adam Saxton and our company owns McAlister's in McKinney. We were so thrilled to read your story that we posted it on our company blog to share with others. Congratulations! Here's a link to our blog posting: http://www.thesaxtongroup.com/blog/mcalistersdeli/engaged-at-mcalisters-mckinney/

We'd love to send you some free McAlister's meal cards so you and your future husband can create more memories at McAlister's! Please e-mail me at adams@thesaxtongroup.com. Thanks for sharing your story!