Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Guest Bath Remodel

One of the projects on my "to do" list when I moved in last February was to take out the tub and replace it with a walk-in shower similar to what I had in my old house. However, I delayed just a little too long on the project and my sweet 85 year old dad slipped and fell when he was here for Christmas. So... the day after Christmas, I contacted the contractor who had done projects at my other house and asked for a quote on the shower conversion project. He gave me a good price and he was available to start right away, so the project is now underway. The first two pics below are the "before" pics. Basic white tile and white tub....




By the end of day 1, the demolition had been completed, the minor plumbing shifts had been completed, the supports for the handrails had been built and installed and the corner bench framing was complete. Yay for progress!!




On Day 2, all of the Hardiebacker cement board had been installed around all the framing, the drywall texture repair from the demolition had been made around the edges of the new tile area, and the shower pan was installed.



On day three, you can begin to see how the new shower will look. The tile on the walls are essentially complete, including the pretty trim pieces. The corner shelves will be installed on day four, as well as the flooring (which is the same as the mosaic seat.) I cannot wait to see the finished project and I know my dad is sooooo excited to have a shower more like the one he is used to. I think it will be much safer for him and I think it will look awesome! (I think Jon will like it, too!!)

1 comment:

Stephani said...

Wow Kim that is going to look amazing!!