Monday, July 5, 2010

Fun weekend...





Went to see fireworks yesterday at Craig Ranch. We walked around the park that afternoon and looked at cars on display at the Pat Lobb car show. Really, there was only one truly cool car. It was a 1928 Chevy Coupe in original condition. It had never been restored. The only thing new on it was a set of spark plugs and a replaced set of old white-walled tires. It was this interesting green color with the original gold stripes on all the surfaces that needed detailing. The original upholstery was in place and the original wooden steering wheel. The windshield was about 10 inches tall with a single tiny windshield wiper. Also, there was a jump seat in the back. And... it was a convertible with its original canvas roof. If you can't tell, I really enjoyed hearing about this car. :)

Today was restful and fun. I just hung out at the house this morning. Then met Steve for lunch and he was so sweet to install my license plate on the front of my car so I won't get another warning or ticket when I go to White Deer next weekend. He saw the house and then came back later to swim and then we went to dinner at Brooklyn's.

Yay for long weekends!! :)