Friday, February 12, 2010

Crazy 24-hours!


That's my house underneath the tree!!


This is my front door and the "tree archway!" :)


It's been a crazy day... Last night about 8:30 pm, my dad and I were sitting at the kitchen table talking when we heard a really LOUD noise that sounded like our house was being invaded. The house even seemed to shake. It was the scariest noise. I didn't quite know what to do... Everything seemed to be in tact and the doors were locked, but when I looked out the study window, I saw my front yard was filled with a big tree. In fact, it covered my sidewalk in front of my front door, so I had to duck to get out of the house.

My neighbor's beautiful red oak tree had split at the base and one-third of the tree landed on my house. Fortunately, the "bark was worse than the bite" and I don't think there was major damage to the house, but it was quite traumatic. About the same time, the electricity went out in our neighborhood and it didn't come back on until about noon-ish today. So, needless to say, it was really DARK, really QUIET and started getting quite chilly in the house by morning. And... my cell phone juice was nearly out, so this morning, I had to go out to my car and sit in the car to charge my phone. :)

During this time though, I was able to contact my insurance agent; I contacted my realtor (since I'm supposed to close on Tuesday and the final walk-through is on Monday, I needed to let them know); I found a tree guy to give me an estimate and fortunately, they were able to remove it from my house and chop it up for the city to haul it away this afternoon; and finally, I was able to finding a roofing guy that could give me an estimate and will make the repairs on Monday. WHEW! I certainly didn't get bored today!!

I also cleaned out the freezer and created my calendar for the next week. It's going to be busy but fun (assuming the buyers don't back out on purchasing my house!) YIKES... just the thought of that and having the reverse all the utilities and deliveries I have scheduled next week gives me the shivers!!!!!!

Keep me in your prayers this week, y'all! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

im praying for you mom... hopefully everything goes well!