Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Addicted to TV...?

Wow... the past 10 days has been a real test for me. My satellite box went out on all of my TVs a week ago Friday, and the earliest appointment I could get was yesterday. I don't think I've ever gone that long without TV... no news, no weather, no HGTV, no reality TV, no movies... I watched a bunch of old movies (via DVD player) but let me tell you, it was really weird!!

I usually fall asleep to a really low sound of the TV, but in my bedroom, I don't even have a DVD player, so I had to dig around to find an old VHS movie. Fortunately, I found an old copy of The Wedding Singer, so I popped it in every night to fall asleep. And... fortunately, the sleep timer with my TV worked well with the old VHS player so all-in-all, it worked pretty well.

But, let me tell you, I am really glad to have my TV and DVR back. My relationship with the DVR is really tight... I love it (well, at least I'm pretty attached to it!!!!!) It's really miserable to watch TV without it. :) OK, I recognize that I'm pretty spoiled. OH, WELL!! :)

No comments: