Monday, June 30, 2008

The Reunion

What fun I had this weekend driving to White Deer with Jen and Ryan, visiting with my Dad and showing Ryan the sights and sounds of White Deer. It was quite an excursion with all of the animals we saw, including frogs, a baby owl that was still molting in my Dad's barn, deer (that we nearly hit on the highway!), antelope, and pheasants.

We also toured around town and saw a new little memorial park that is being built. Our family has a brick paver (the shadow is of my Dad.)














Jen and Ryan pose with the White Deer monument in the middle of town.



It was also great seeing several of my classmates from White Deer High School's Class of 1976. L/R Dean Wheeler, Tina Simpson Short, Pam Powers Been, Robin Martin, Miriam Carroll Lynch, Kim Kelly Russell, Caprice Shipley, and Joe Freeman.  It was wonderful catching up with everyone!! :)


No comments: