Sunday, September 19, 2010

Saturday Fun...!!!

I think today was one of the best days I have had in a LONG time and it was all orchestrated by my sweet boyfriend!! :) I woke up early and Steve came over about 7:30 a.m. to pick me up to go to Julie's (his daughter) first volleyball tournament as a 7th grade coach. Before we left the house, he gave me a beautiful birthday card (from a favorite store, Papyrus) with a wonderful birthday note and a gift certificate for a spa experience, which was to start at 10 a.m. that morning!

Well, we watched the first round of the tournament, which her girls won (YAY!). Then, we scooted out about 9:30 to go back to McKinney and he took me to the salon. I walked in and the royal treatment began. I was given a spa wrap and robe and led to the sauna. Mmmm... it was so relaxing to sit and read a magazine, sip on iced lemon water and just simply chill for about 10 minutes. Then, the massage therapist led me to her table and an hour-long massage began. It was heavenly. It was my first massage ever and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't realize I hung on to stress in my shoulders and lower back, but could really feel it as she was working on me. After that amazing experience was complete, she guided me to the next room where I had a relaxing facial. She wrapped me up in a thick goose down comforter (the room was really chilly) and proceeded to apply layer upon layer of soft relaxing treatments on my face, neck and arms while soft music was playing. I even found myself falling asleep during parts of it. Wow... so relaxing. Steve was waiting on me to finish and then we went back to my house so I could re-apply make up and re-fix my hair. We were going to go back to the volleyball tournament, but got a call that her team was out, so we proceeded to McAllister's to celebrate our 3-month anniversary. It had been exactly 12 weeks since our first lunch date there and we sat at our same table. :) So sweet!

We went to run a couple of brief errands and then headed back to the house so Steve could start his preparations for the evening. He and Jennifer had invited some of the family over for dinner and it was wonderful. Steve knows how much I love (LOVE) coconut shrimp, so he had researched and found a recipe for baked (instead of fried) coconut shrimp. He made some with and some without coconut and it was absolutely yummy. We also had ordered pizza, so we also enjoyed that along with the appetizers that Jen and Ryan had brought. We all enjoyed visiting and watching the Texas vs. Tech football game. The pièce de résistance was the chocolate cake he baked with the fluffy white icing with coconut. It was amazing. How on earth did I luck out to get such a great guy?? He's been described as being Emeril, Martha Stewart and Mary Poppins, rolled up into one!! :)

Here's a picture of us with the wonderful cake.


He drove all the way to Plano in the middle of the Plano Balloon Festival traffic to pick up these fun balloons for the party. Aren't they great??


We tried 3-4 times to get a picture of me actually blowing out the candles.


I got so many fun presents. I can't wait to start using/wearing them all.

The most priceless comment was made while I was opening a gift card from Jeri... when Christen remarked that "it's the gift that keeps on giving." Ok, I'll just say that you had to be there to appreciate how funny/awkward that was. (Just wanted to include a little tidbit here so I'll remember it!!) The women below in this picture are priceless to me!!!!!!


My precious daughter! (Wish Jon had been here, too!)


Sweet SIL and daughter... Ryan and Jen. :)

Steve and me :)

Can't believe Jen captured this pic. Such a funny shot. :)


Wow... what a great day Saturday was!!!

No comments: