Monday, October 11, 2010

10-10-10







Once in a lifetime... 10-10-10. We had such a fun time on this unique day. We decided to go to early church and wound up being an HOUR early (thanks to my great memory!) I had just looked it up the day before and determined that Cottonwood Creek's early service is at 9:00 a.m. Well, as the evening was ending on Saturday night, I somehow got my wires crossed and I suggested that Steve come over at 7:30 a.m., which would give us plenty of time to get to church by 8 a.m. (I don't know how my brain shifted gears from 9 to 8 a.m.) UGH... So, we rolled into the parking lot about 10 minutes 'til 8 and there were hardly any cars there. No sooner had the words come out of my mouth about "how they can justify having an 8 a.m. service for this few people...?" when we saw the sign that "reminded" us that the first church service was at 9. So... we turned around and went to get our fair tickets and bus passes at Kroger's. It wound up all working fine, and we got a good laugh at my FANTASTIC memory! :)

We then went to the Parker Road station and road the DART light rail on a direct route to the fair. It was a gorgeous day and we had fun walking around UNTIL... we made a crucial error in judgment. We decided that the line to Fletcher's Corny Dogs was too long and we stood in a much shorter line to get a variety of fried foods. We tried fried peaches and cream and a fried grilled cheese sandwich. Both tasted good, but they were TOOOOO rich. Then, on top of that, we had a funnel cake and a small slider. Well, I should have known better and I paid the price. I got really icky sick and we had to leave before we were ready. Oh, well, it was an "experience" and a good lesson to stick with the tried and true.

Oh, Fletcher's... I missed you and I'll be back next time.

Hope everyone has a great week!

:)

No comments: