Thursday, July 23, 2009

Energy Audit... Amazing...

Wow... I had an energy audit today and the company came in and tested the house for air conditioning leaks and air losses throughout the house. Bottom line, before they did their work, they measured air flow and it recorded 6440, which means that I was providing a/c for the equivalent of a 6440 square foot house. BUT... I only have a 2150 square foot house, so I was losing nearly 2/3 of the a/c. YIKES!

After they caulked around window sills, the fireplace, holes around plumbing, installed insulators in switch plates, weatherstripped the outside doors, etc., the system recorded 2450, which is about where it should be. I can't wait to see what my next electric bill is.

By the way, it only cost $20. Give me a call if you want the info.

No comments: